Plant the Seeds Outdoors
Peony seeds that will be planted outdoors should be sown soon after they were harvested. Plant them 2 inches deep and 2 inches apart in a partially shaded garden bed with rich, well-tilled, pH-neutral soil. After watering the bed well, cover it with a 2- to 3-inch-thick layer of mulch, such as dead leaves or straw. Ensure the ground remains moist, and add another 2- to 3-inch-thick layer of mulch in late autumn.
The seeds should begin to sprout in early spring of the following year. Pull back the seedlings' mulch at that time, and feed their soil every other month from April to September, using 2 tablespoons of an organic fish and seaweed fertilizer such as 2-3-1 mixed with 1 gallon of water to saturate the ground.
Transplant the seedlings in early autumn so that they stand 6 inches apart, and mulch their soil surface with a 2- to 3-inch-deep layer of dead leaves or straw, ensuring the mulch doesn't touch the plants. Two years later, you can move the peonies to their permanent positions in a site that receives full-sun exposure, placing them at least 3 feet apart with their tubers' or roots' buds -- called eyes -- no more than 2 inches deep.
Plant the Seeds Indoors
If you prefer, you can start your peony seeds indoors instead -- in late summer or early autumn of the year they were harvested -- and transplant the seedlings into the garden the following autumn. Begin by placing the seeds in a zipper-type plastic bag with two handfuls of damp peat moss, sand or vermiculite. Set the bag in a warm, out-of-the-way place, such as on a high shelf or the top of a refrigerator. After one month, begin checking the bag for signs of roots, which can take up to three months to appear. Each seed will make only one root at this point.
When the roots are 2 to 4 inches in length, prepare a separate bag that also contains two handfuls of damp peat moss, sand or vermiculite. Transfer the rooted seeds to that bag, and place the bag inside a refrigerator for three months. After the three months elapse, move the bag to the warm, out-of-the-way position again.
Each rooted seed should begin making a leaf, either near the end of the three cool months or after the bag was taken out of the refrigerator. When that happens, pot each seed in its own seedling pot filled with potting soil, with the seed at the surface of that soil, the leaf above the soil and the root beneath the soil.
Care for the Indoor Seedlings
Once the seedlings are in pots -- probably in late winter or early spring, depending on when their leaves appear, keep them healthy and growing until autumn. Place them under a grow-light or on a windowsill that receives partial sunlight, watering them as needed to keep their soil moist. You can feed them once every two weeks from spring through summer with 1 tablespoon of a 2-3-1 fish and seaweed fertilizer diluted in 1 gallon of water.
After warmer weather arrives in summer, the potted seedlings should be moved to a partially shaded position outdoors. In early autumn, remove the seedlings from their pots, and plant them in a partially shaded garden bed, locating them at the same soil depth at which they grew in their pots and spacing them 6 inches apart from each other. A 2- to 3-inch-thick layer mulch of dead leaves or straw on their soil surface, but not touching them, will protect the plants.
1.We accept Alipay, West Union, TT. All major credit cards are accepted through secure payment processor ESCROW.
2. If you get any problems about payment when ordering, please just feel free to contact us at any time.
1. All the items will be dispatched within 3 business days after your payment is clear.
2. Please Note: China Post Air Mail/Parcel just belongs to worldwide post system which is much slower than Special Delivery. Items will arrive in 7-25 business days to worldwide usually. And the arrival time also depends on some factors and different areas. The general arrival time table is shown below for your inference.
1. If the item is defect or get bad when you receive it or you are not satisfied with it, please return it within 14 days for a replacement or money back. But the items must be back in factory condition. Please contact us in advance and double check the return address before you return it.
2. If item is defective or get bad in 3 months, we could send you a new replacement for free or offer full refund after we receive the defective item.
3. If item is defective or get bad in 12 months, we could also offer you replacement service, but you have to pay for the extra shipping expenses.
Our aim is to provide Top Level Customer Service, and our customer service specialists are always standing by to solve any of your problem. We greatly appreciate your 5-STAR POSITIVE feedback and please do NOT leave negative feedback without asking for help.